For years I have used the same opening title sequence – ascending a set of winding stairs to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.
Now, I want YOU to be a part of it.
Yes – Submissions are STILL BEING ACCEPTED!
Everybody has a chance to be a part of the production, but only a few will be chosen. Want to be considered? Here’s what you need to do:
Email me a clip(s) (or a link to the clip(s) on a cloud service such as DropBox) to firstname.lastname@example.org (or see below for an upload option) with the following:
- Film in at least 1280x720px in landscape/widescreen orientation.
- Prefer for your clip to be in .MP4 (h.264) format, but .MOV (h.264), .AVI, .WMV and .MPEG-1 are also accepted. (If you have no clue what these are, don’t worry. Chances are that your phone/camcorder already uses one of these formats by default)
- To ensure you’ll be considered, make wise filming decisions, such as:
- Being in focus
- Good lighting, background, and audio.
- Dress well. A sloppy look will certainly disqualify your submission, but you need not be in tails with a top hat either. Be sensible. Be YOU.
- Locale: You could film at lodge, you could film in your work environment, you could film at home, etc.
- What to say:
- Please speak in your native language.
- DON’T RUSH IT! You’ll only be on video for a few seconds, and I need all the time I can get to display your name, lodge, etc. Speaking “conversationally”, not “quickly”, will REALLY help me!
- Be sure to provide 2-3 seconds of recording before and after you speak, so there is room for me to edit it into the sequence. (Hit record, count to 3 in your head, speak, count to 3 again, stop recording)
- “What is a Mason?”. Be yourself. Put emphasis where you think it should be. What IS a mason? WHAT is a mason? What is a MASON? You choose.
- “I am”. Let this be your answer to the question. Just those two words: “I am”.
- You can submit both clips in 1 video, or you may film 2 separate videos, either is fine.
- Other information:
- Provide me with:
- Your name
- Your lodge and/or jurisdiction (jurisdiction at a minimum)
- Your profession/occupation/business
- Provide me with:
This may not work for everybody, but please feel free to give it a try. After pressing “Upload”, please give it time. There is no progress bar and it may take several minutes for your upload to complete. When it completes you will receive a message that says “File xxxxxx.xxx has uploaded successfully.” Once you see that message it is safe to navigate away from this page.
- Providing a submission does not guarantee that it will be used in this or any future production.
- You grant me the royalty-free rights to use your submission in this or any future production.
- By providing a submission you release all rights to its content. You will receive no payment, reimbursement, royalties, etc., for your submission.